Its an Omega 3 Power Duo! Wild salmon + Walnuts = Highly Nutritious, Super Simple and Totally Delicious!
*The salmon filet should be about 1 inch thick and 1½ inch wide with skin on.
- 2 filets of wild salmon* (little less than 1 lb) (wild salmon is available in Tunie’s Freezer section)
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely ground
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Salt and pepper the salmon.
- Place the ground walnuts on a plate and dredge the top of each slice of salmon with the walnuts. Add any remaining ground walnuts that didnʼt stick on top of each slice.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a rack (any simple cooling rack will do just fine!) placed on top of a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a spatula to lift the salmon off the rack (the skin will peel off and stay behind on the rack–perfect!)
Author: Catherine Katz