Enjoy lots of liver loving foods in this delicious simple to make salad
Original recipe makes 4 servings
• 3 large beets
• 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into bitesize pieces
• 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
• 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
• 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
• 1/4 cup dried cherries
• 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 4 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar salt and ground black pepper to taste
PREP 15 min, COOK 45 mins, READY IN 1 hr
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cut stems off beets and place whole on a baking sheet. Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and dice beets into large bitesized pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in a bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
3. Toss diced avocado with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate bowl; season with salt.
4. To serve, divide salad greens between serving plates. Top each serving with 1/4 of the beets and avocado. Sprinkle each serving with shelled pistachios, dried cherries, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.