A “D” luscious recipe sure to please the palate!
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for greasing grill pan
• 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches in diameter), stemmed
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 small to medium sized vine ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/2inch pieces
• 8 ounces fresh water packed mozzarella, drained, cut into 1/2inch cubes
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves Prepare the barbecue or grill (medium high heat).
Drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on grill pan to prevent mushrooms from sticking. Grill until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Meanwhile, whisk the extravirgin olive oil and garlic in a medium bowl to blend. Add the tomatoes, cheese, and basil and toss to coat. Season the tomato salad, to taste, with salt and pepper. Place 1 hot grilled mushroom gill side up on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Spoon the tomato salad atop the mushrooms, drizzle with extravirgin olive oil to finish, about 1 tablespoon and serve.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis.