The omega fatty acids in fish oil offer many health benefits, including nourishment of the heart, eye, and brain tissues*. Fish oil is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids and, according to the American Heart Association, salmon has the highest concentration of Omega-3s out of the top 10 most popular fish.
Here are some of the benefits:*
- Helps lower levels of bad cholesterol, which increases your risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- Reduces levels of unhealthy fats (triglycerides) in the blood. High levels of triglycerides have been linked to an increased risk for cardiovascular disease
- Decreases the risk of abnormal heartbeats, which can lead to sudden death.
- May help prevent blood clots. Clots that break away and block a coronary artery to the heart can cause a heart attack. Clots that block the flow of blood to the brain can lead to a stroke.
- Can slightly lower blood pressure
- Reduces inflammation in the body, which helps prevent the arteries from becoming blocked. Prevent the re-narrowing (restenosis) of coronary arteries after angioplasty surgery
Omega-3s are so good for your heart that eating fish just once or twice a week might reduce your risk of dying from a heart attack by a third [source: Mayo Clinic]. That’s why the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends getting at least two servings of fish in your diet each week [source: American Heart Association]
New Chapter’s Fish Oil supplement offers a whole‐food approach. It’s a naturally pure 100% wild-caught Alaskan salmon oil that delivers the whole, natural omegas, antioxidants and vitamin D3 found in wild Alaskan salmon.
New Chapter’s Wholemega packs a full complement of 17 whole, Omegas that represent the broad spectrum of fatty acids found in Wild Alaskan Salmon – including Omega 3’s, 5, 6’s, 7’s, and 9’s. A naturally pure fish oil supplement can deliver the whole omegas as nature intended.
New Chapter’s Fish Oil supplement also retains highly beneficial nutrients like natural Vitamin D3 and Astaxanthin, a carotenoid with antioxidant properties, both of which are found in wild-caught Alaskan salmon.
Wholemega’s naturally pure, 100% wild‐caught Alaskan salmon oil is sourced from pristine Alaskan waters – among the world’s purest. Like extra‐virgin olive oil, Wholemega’s wild‐caught, naturally pure Alaskan salmon is pressed immediately after harvest. We believe that the best fish oil supplement doesn’t come from scientists, it comes from the world’s best fish.