06 Jul Watermelon Summer Salad
Delicious, simple and hydrating! It’s the perfect refreshing summer fare.
Original recipe makes 6 servings
• 3/4 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 1/2 quarts seeded, cubed watermelon
• 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 cup pitted black olive halves
• 1 cup chopped fresh mint
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place the onion slices in a small bowl with the lime juice. The acid of the lime will mellow the flavor of the raw onion. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, black olives, onions with the lime-juice and mint. Drizzle olive oil over it all, and toss to blend. Want a beautiful party presentation, make a bowl from a hollowed out watermelon and serve it in there!