01 Aug Quinoa Salsa Salad
• 2 cups Suzie’s Indian Quinoa
• 15 ounces Field Day organic Garbanzo Beans
• 1 organic cucumber diced
• 1 yellow squash diced, blanched for 1 minute
• 6 ounces Meditteranean Organic Kalamata olives
• 2 cups Drew’s All Natural Organic Salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
• 3 tbsp Spectrum Organic Red Wine Vinegar
Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a large mixing bowl. Fluff to cool. When cool add the cucumber, summer squash, olives and garbanzo beans.
To prepare the salsa, mix all the ingredients together. Pour the salsa over the quinoa and vegetables. Toss to mix thoroughly. Serve room temperature or chilled.