03 Mar Benefits of Miso
As well as health benefits, more and more home makers, chefs, and even manufacturers are recognizing the incredibly wide range of applications for the rich, robust flavor of miso. Miso has been eaten in Asian countries for centuries and has a plethora of health and anti-aging benefits. In addition, it has a delicious mild flavor and is a perfect soothing option when you are under the weather.
It was once thought that soy was the reason for the low rates of heart disease, breast and prostate cancer in Asia, more evidence shows that it’s the consumption of traditional fermented soy products that are providing the benefits.
Creating miso is an art form in Japan. It prepared from soybeans and koji, a culture starter made from beneficial molds, yeast and lactic acid bacteria. Choose unpasteurized miso, to reap the benefits from the live friendly microflora.
BENEFITS OF MISO
• Reduces risks of cancer including breast cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and colon cancer.
• Protection from radiation
• Immune strengthening
• Antiviral — miso is very alkalizing and strengthening to the immune system helping to combat a viral infection.
• Prevents aging – high in antioxidants, miso protects from free radicals that cause signs of aging.
• Helps maintain nutritional balance – full of nutrients, beneficial bacteria and enzymes, miso provides: protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B2, vitamin E, vitamin K, tryptophan, choline, dietary fiber, linoleic acid and lecithin.
• Helps preserve beautiful skin – miso contains linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that helps your skin stay soft and free of pigments.
• Helps reduce menopausal complaints – the isoflavones in miso have been shown to reduce hot flashes.
Miso Master Organic Miso is the perfect option and available at Tunie’s, so be sure to pick some up today!